Friday, December 23, 2005
- Beware the perils of christmas shopping! I went to Metrotown with Matt's mom, and we were in the hallway by the McDonald's/EB/Poster World, talking about mango juice and where to get some, and as I was inhaling to say something in response, my throat started to burn in a way I have never experienced before, causing uncontrollable coughing. Then Matt's mom started to cough and her eyes to water, and the surrounding people started to react in the same manner, causing a mass exodus of the area. Turns out, someone at the end of the hall outside the doors got pepper sprayed, and we got it wafted to us. It is strong, and extremely unpleasant. Being that I was inhaling at the second it hit me, I got it all in my throat and sinuses. Not knowing what was happening, my first thought at the time was somewhere along the lines of, "Oh my god, someone put anthrax (or something equally scary) in the ventilation system!" Thankfully, pepper spray is all it was... Also thankfully, I was only that morning permitted by my ophthalmologist to continue wearing my contacts. They protected my eyes from worse assault, like little force fields.
- I have my laptop (aka. Betty) back! She came back all better from the computer hospital, and hopefully there will be no more incidences of spontaneous combustion.
- I have ovarian cysts. Apparently the normal thing to do is just leave them there. Okay then...
- Had my christmas shopping all done a week before christmas! First time ever!
- Also first time ever, not having christmas dinner with my own family. My cousin's husband's parents invited everyone to their house for dinner this year. I loathe eating with strangers, and Matt's mom was wanting to know when I would be spending some christmas time with them, so I will be going to their house on christmas day. I will miss the rutarotts....
- Alfalfa is still blind.
- Matt is still hairy.
- Lazily looking around for places to move to.
- Bought a really nice, big CD/DVD/VHS shelving unit! I will be assembling it soon (I hope).
- Got an A- in Office Math!
- I love bacon. Honey maple flavored bacon especially.
- My doctor said that if the annoying tender spot is still there in my side in January, he may send me for a CT scan, as my urine/blood tests, and ultrasound show nothing.
Saturday, December 03, 2005
On Friday I got to go for ultrasound. They made me drink a litre of water two hours before my appointment, and I had to hold it. As she's doing the ultrasound, she is of course pushing on my bladder. I am trying sooooo hard NOT to pee all over the table. Finally I get to go pee..... Ahhhhh, sweet relief! She does the rest of the test, further aggravating my tender area, and goes away. She comes back, says we're all done, nothing urgent, and the results will be at my doctor's in about 3 business days.
So, I still know nothing about why I suddenly got stabby pain in my abdomen, or why my side had been tender like a well-beaten steak for a month and a bit. Matt's dad says I'm faking (ha ha).
After my ultrasound, I was farting around on my laptop. Now, for a few weeks the power cord has been wonky. The computer refuses to believe that it is in fact plugged in, and keeps telling me that my battery power will run out soon, I better plug it in. Stupid technology! Finally I found a way to angle the cord so it finds the power source, and as I'm sitting there I start to notice a.... plasticy smell. A minute later a small wisp of smoke comes from where the power cord plugs into my computer! I immediately turned it off. The female end of the cord has been singed on the inside! Good lord! That's not safe at all!
Luckily, when I bought the damn thing from Future Shop, after debating about getting the extra 3-year warranty, I decided to go for it. So I have to take it in, get any data I want to keep retreived by the people in-store, and then they will send it away to get fixed. I will be without computer for about 2 months. Cry! And I can't really use Matt's computer either; it has an STD from too much porn. So, if you don't see me on MSN for a while, that would be why...